The road to Red Velvet Cake War has not been an easy one. When a mutual parting of ways with a cast member happened, I took on the role of Peaches less than 3 weeks before opening. I was off book in 10 days. I learned a WHOLE show in 10 days. Wow. I had no idea I could do that.
Because of time constraints, I felt like I was focusing on line memorization and had not quite settled into the character the way I would’ve liked to. Then one day, it just clicked. I found my inspiration for this character – Dolly Parton. It all made sense to me. Sunday was one of my best performances. Not just for the run of this show – but maybe EVER. I love Peaches. I will be sad to see her go come April 13.
There are 6 performances left! Plenty of chances to come see this funny show. You’ll laugh, you’ll snort, you’ll see me act inappropriate. It’s a good time! So, come see us!
- March 30, Friday, 7:30pm, Tualatin Heritage Center
- March 31, Saturday, 7:30pm, Tualatin Heritage Center
- April 1, Sunday, 2pm, Tualatin Heritage Center
- April 6, Friday, 7:30pm, Tualatin Heritage Center
- April 7, Saturday, 7:30pm, Tualatin Heritage Center
- April 13, Friday, 7:30pm, Beaverton Elks
$12 – General
$10 – Tualatin residents
$5 – Youth